Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Did anyone else receive a fee from "VPS Tax Service" on their credit card after paying their taxes through Turbotax and why wasn't the fee stated at the time fo payment?

Yes, and it was disclosed before submitting. I knew about the $120 to file federal, $50 for state, and the $6.80 processing fee for a credit card payment. It was all there.

Did anyone else receive a fee from "VPS Tax Service" on their credit card after paying their taxes through Turbotax and why wasn't the fee stated at the time fo payment?

This is bad UX. This should be messaged earlier in the process and emphasized when paying. 

grayjaime
Returning Member

I help my mom do her taxes with Turbo, and I had just noticed this charge on her card bill. She owed over $3,000.00, so she was charged $93.00. I thought it was only a fee of $3.95. I will have to think about it next time. It’s ridiculous. It is simple to do the taxes on Turbo. 

If you pay the IRS directly online you can pick a different processor  or pay directly by a debit to your bank account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-your-taxes-by-debit-or-credit-card 

@grayjaime  wrote:

I help my mom do her taxes with Turbo, and I had just noticed this charge on her card bill. She owed over $3,000.00, so she was charged $93.00. I thought it was only a fee of $3.95. I will have to think about it next time. It’s ridiculous. It is simple to do the taxes on Turbo. 

The Credit Card fees were displayed although they are at the bottom of the screen in small print.

A convenience fee of 2.49% of total amount you owe will be charged by our credit card service provider. There is a minimum convenience fee of $3.95 regardless of your IRS payment obligation..

All the third party processors used by the IRS when paying by credit or debit card also have convenience fees.

IRS payment website for credit cards - https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-your-taxes-by-debit-or-credit-card

I actually used a debit card, and was charged the same fee.

Yes. We had $113 taken from our account for this undisclosed fee. This is the last time we will be using Turbo Tax after being a customer for over 15 years. 

Jcannioto

Yes. I did. What’s up with that? 

Yes. I called bank and notified it was fraud. Not word back yet.

No fee notification anywhere.

I was charged $194.75 to pay my FERADL INCOME TAXES. 

Report it as fraud. 

It deserves to be..

Just like on the IRS web site there is a fee to use a debit/credit card to pay the taxes ... the only way to do it for free is a direct debit from the checking account.  The credit/debit card fees are clearly stated in the TT program and any other DIY income tax program you may use.  Failure to read and understand what you are doing is not a failure of the program but of the user. 

switch to free file 2223.jpgswitch to free file 22233.jpg

switch to free file 22233irs.jpgswitch to free file 22233irs22.jpg

I have a fee from VPS TAX Service, I was not aware of this action. I need to resolve this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We did and are not very happy about it. I called turbo tax and they said the only fee they charged was the one I expected to pay but not the extra $107 from VPS.  I was never informed of this charge and feel it should be refunded. I will no longer use turbo tax.  This charge is sneaky.

tdsnwxly
Returning Member

Yes, Turbotax, I would really REALLY recommend that you pop a message with the estimated service fee, or put it at the bottom of the credit card page. I would not have paid with my credit card had I known it was going to be as high as it was

Yes, i was billed $507.06 by VPS Tax Service at the same time I paid Turbo Tax $267 for their service.  My efforts so far to obtain an explanation for the charge by VPS has been futile.  I've talked to my bank about filing fraud charges, but haven't done so yet.  John C. [PII Removed].

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@rcampb6812

Have you reached out to us directly in regards to this?  For further assistance, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies