turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kcclancey

Turbo tax is getting too expensive and not up front about costs and fees making the overall experience incredibly frustrating. Not going to file next year with Turbo tax.

Don't really need a response- just wanted to leave a review.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

124 Replies
Drayton

Turbo tax is getting too expensive and not up front about costs and fees making the overall experience incredibly frustrating. Not going to file next year with Turbo tax.

Thank you for your feedback, I will address this to my production team.

Turbo tax is the most expensive software on the shelf - I will not use Turbo tax in future and look for an alternative.

I wish i didn't have my information saved from using this service for years. I kept allowing the fee to creep up bc it seems like a hassle to change but at this point its outrageous compared to other services
jenabill

I agree.  I am (sorrowfully) switching next year.  Its a shame as I would prefer to stick with Turbotax but I can't justify $100 which, ironically, is about what I paid a tax person a few years ago to do my taxes when they were complicated.

Exactly - this is the 8th year I'm using Turbotax and I've always loved it, but the cost is astronomical now compared to what I used to pay for it. This is likely my last year with them, unfortunately. It's just more than I can afford now!

Same -- Used TT for almost a decade and am left with a horrible taste in my mouth.  Get your pricing team talking to your user experience team because a $91 dividend resulting in a $14 drop in refund plus forcing an upgrade to deluxe (~$80) leaves me feeling sick.  

Well I used the link thinking I will at least get the share the love friend 20% off, guess what it didn’t show up and they said cause I paid already the discount will not be given. Stupidity, last year was the same  incident with taxact but after I file they were able to fix my discount. So I highly suggest not   Intuition turbo tax

I thought I give turbo tax a try, well I’m not sticking to them

Definitely my last year using Turbo Tax. The price has been steadily creeping up over the years. Also very misleading. Gives you one price..... then the "plus fees." How about list the other fees before I have added all of my info. Been doing my taxes with them since 2011. Time to go.
ewalsh88

Agree- there is no reason to pay over $100 to file taxes!!
bahbar

agreed - think i can do them myself from now on.  

I’ve noticed the same thing. Only this year it seems to have gone up a lot. When I looked at the discounted price, it was an insult saving $10 when it looks like it went up $20-30 and thats not counting the high cost for extra but needed filings.

I’ve also used the product for a long time but if this is their idea of customer loyalty, i’m going to look for a more reasonable alternative. 

Not sure where you are seeing the "increase" ... if you buy during the discount period the price was $39.99 in 2018 and $40 in 2019 ... I see a ONE PENNY change in price ... 

file 2018 deluxe.PNG1.PNG

If you are eligible you can use the TurboTax Free File Program which is free to file both a federal and state tax return.  The Free File Program edition is a full featured personal tax program and on a separate website from the TurboTax online editions.

To qualify for free 2019 federal and state tax returns with the Free File Program, you'll need to meet at least one of these requirements:

• A maximum 2019 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $36,000; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • You served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum 2019 AGI of $69,000 (you'll also need a military-issued W-2).

See this TurboTax support FAQ on the Free File Program - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-freedom-edition

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the difference between the Free File Progam and the Free edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2572617-what-s-the-difference-between-freedom-edition-and-free-edi...

And see this TurboTax support FAQ on how to switch to the TurboTax Free File Program - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-freedom-edition

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies