turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet isnt allowing me to make any changes. I have already paid, can't clear out my return and can't submit as is

I just got off the phone with support. I was advised to enter three underscores in the entry field instead of the zero. The error was cleared and I was able to refile my return. BUT, when I reviewed the new forms, I noticed that they are exactly the same as the rejected ones. I'm not confident that they will be accepted by IRS. I'll update once I hear back.

UPDATE: After only a few mins, my return was accepted by the IRS. The above fix resolves the issue. ^^^

Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet isnt allowing me to make any changes. I have already paid, can't clear out my return and can't submit as is

I followed the advice on this thread to enter in three underscores in Line 11. I couldn't see them but I continued anyway. I passed the error check and successfully submitted the tax forms, receiving acceptance confirmations from the IRS and the State of CT.  I have no idea why this would work but it apparently did.  I feel like I just used chewing gum to fix a flat tire. TurboTax really needs to fix this problem instead of relying on workaround solutions.

I elected to defer my SE tax....but no payment vouchers for my deferral are available. I would think Turbo Tax would generate them. I presume I just send my deferred payments to the same IRS address as my 1040-ES payments?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here by xmasbaby0. 

If you need additional assistance, please contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies