"Date Acquired" on 1099-B form is not being accept...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userstedroco

"Date Acquired" on 1099-B form is not being accepted no matter what date I enter. It keeps making me re-enter it in an infinite loop without any additional information.

2 Replies
sjdunfee
Returning Member

"Date Acquired" on 1099-B form is not being accepted no matter what date I enter. It keeps making me re-enter it in an infinite loop without any additional information.

I am having the same issue. No matter how many times I enter it, it keeps coming back to the same APEX Clearing Corporation, CITIGROUP stock. I went back to the original 1099-B section and the entry is already correct there too. I can not move forward at this point.

userstedroco

I found a workaround and by the way, it was also a 1099 from Apex that caused the issue for me. Here is what to do (this is from my memory so things might be called slightly different):

- delete the 1099-INT from Apex

- in the search type "1099-INT" and select "jump to 1099" which brings you to the page where you can add the document

- select to enter the 1099-INT manually

- there is an option to either enter every single item or just enter the total for Short Term or Long Term (you can find these on the 1099-INT from Apex. That way you only have to enter a few numbers.

That fixed it for me.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings