turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KillRoy

COVID-19 Stimulus Deposit

Question concerning the COVID-19 Stim. Deposits.

So, without knowing that in 2 weeks time it would be a mistake, I closed my bank account which I no longer needed...I probably wouldn't have closed it but I no longer had any payments coming out of said account nor any direct deposits coming in to it, save my yearly tax refund. I planned to change my direct deposit for future refunds next year.

Fast forward to today, 3/26/20, I come to find that the "stimulus checks" are to be deposited into the account which prior tax refunds were deposited.

The time frame of waiting for the deposit to be declined, returned and paper check issued and then delivered is rather ugh...7-10 business days for return, if not more. From what I've read I could be waiting on the IRS to mail a paper check out 10 weeks or better.

Do I have any options?

Can I change my direct deposit information?

Are there any numbers I can call?

Any help is appreciated! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Need help finishing application 

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

Please give us a specific question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fclawson

If i filed my taxes with TurboTax and got the turbo tax card is that where my stimulus check will come

@Fclawson wrote:

If i filed my taxes with TurboTax and got the turbo tax card is that where my stimulus check will come

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

I've filled, still waiting for stimulus payment

MommasGoneCrazy
Returning Member

Your not alone that's for sure I'm a social security recipient and a nonfiler and still havent gotten it

@MommasGoneCrazy If you are a recipient of Social Security benefits you were supposed to receive the EIP payments automatically from the IRS without even filing a tax return---unless someone claimed you as a dependent on a tax return.  Dependents are not eligible for stimulus payments.

But if you did not receive the payments -- and you are eligible-- you can file a 2020 tax return and use the recovery rebate credit to get the 1st and/or 2nd EIP payments.  The 3rd stimulus payment is issued later and there is no place to enter anything about the 3rd on a 2020 tax return.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

Another thing you should do----check your IRS account to see if the IRS issued the payments and you did not receive it.   If they think they sent it and you did not receive it you can have them trace the payment.

Check your IRS account---does the IRS say they sent you a payment that you did not receive? (If you filed a joint return you need to check for both spouses.)   If so you can ask for a trace to be put on the payment.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you were issued a payment and have not received it, see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Manage cookies