Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmg4
Returning Member

Coverage Limits of IDNotify ID Theft Insurance Purchased Through TurboTax Bundle

IDNotify is bundled with the Turbotax Max service I got.  IDNotify claims there is $1M of coverage for ID theft loss.

However, IDNotify outsources to Assurant, and Assurant is thus two steps away from Turbotax/Intuit.  

Assurant claims the plan I have has just a $10,000 Cash Recovery benefit, and that the cash benefit is not a subset of the $1M supposed insurance level.  

I need clarification from Turbotax, as when I signed up for IDNotify through Turbotax, I read the policy and it was clear that the $1M does not have fine print that Cash Recovery is only covered up to $10,000, as Assurant claims. 

It is shocking and shameful that TurboTax bundles this insurance into a tax filing checkout, but there is no document detailing coverage limits for cash recovery, wage loss reimbursement, etc. sent to the customer, and even support can't seem to answer this very simple question.  

Thanks,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Coverage Limits of IDNotify ID Theft Insurance Purchased Through TurboTax Bundle

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance. Customer Support will be able to provide detailed information about IDNotify. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies