Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Continue button does not work on the let complete your purchase online page

Thanks much, worked for me.

TurboTax - please fix this.  This was originally posted in March and is still not fixed.  Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to reset your computer layout setting to the recommended.  The size of your text, apps, and other items is too large.  When it is too large, it prohibits the items on the software from displaying.  This is why you cannot see the Continue button.  To fix this:

1. Right-click on your desktop and go to display settings.

2.  Scroll down to Scale and Layout and make sure it is set to the Recommended (possibly 100%) on your computer

3.  Have your display resolution at the recommended as well.

If you need further assistance, reach out to TurboTax on Chat or phone them at [phone number removed].

Make it a Great Day!

Wow.  Just wow.  
I was able to FINALLY transmit my returns.

To get past the Continue button to enter my CC number, I had to toggle the resolution from 800x600 through 1280x720. Keep the app open the whole time. 

Each time you toggle, the display will be more complete.  You won't be able to see what you enter until you toggle the resolution again.  Sadly, it's a constant toggle to get complete screens and displays.

TurboTax there is NO EXCUSE for such shoddy software.  Especially since it's been fine the past 20 years.

Let me guess - you let all of your developers go and thought you had the 'skill set' on hand to develop the latest version to be Win10 compatible. Well, you lost BIG TIME on that gamble.  And I'm guessing a whole bunch of customers. 

This worked for me. What a pain in the a$$! I had to toggle the resolution dozens of times hoping the info I entered was correct because as you said I couldn't see the info until I toggled the resolution back again.

This problem as persisted for a couple of years now and Turbo tax still hasn't fixed the bug.  I have been reading multiple threads on the support sites and they always suggest the bulls$$t response of clear your browser cache or try a different browser, which is ridiculous! I am not using the online version. 

THIS IS THE LAST YEAR I WILL BE USING TURBO TAX!

rbdorsett

As per previous complaints in this message board, the Continue button doesn't work when I try to complete purchase of state (Colorado) efile.  I'm using Windows 10, TurboTax desktop version (Deluxe).  I've removed all non-alphanumerics.  I've updated the TurboTax software.  I've cleared all cookies (just in case, but I can't see how that affects the desktop version anyway).  I've double-checked my payment information.  Nothing works.  This is becoming really aggravating.  PLEASE FIX.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@rbdorsett

For further assistance with this matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try changing the resolution on your computer until you see it.  Right-click on your computer desktop and go to Display Settings.  

1.  Click on Display Settings

2.  Go to Display Scale and Layout and try changing it to 100 and see if it works.  If not, try 125. 

If you try that, it will display.

I ran into this issue on Windows 11 and finally found if I shrunk the size of the TurboTax application window that it would let me click "Continue".  It happened to me on a couple different screens and this solution worked each time, just un-maximize the TurboTax application, shrink it to take about half screen width and 2/3 height and then I could click the button.

Hope this helps and have a blessed day!

Brandon.

THANK YOU so much...  Same thing on Windows 11 and using the 2022 TurboTax.   This is the only thing that worked!!   Come on, get this fixed, three years now!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way I could get this to work was change the resolution and then blindly enter data in one field at a time. Then hit ctrl_alt_delete. The data would appear and then blindly enter data in the next blank field. Rinse and repeat dozens of times until all the forms are completed. This has been the same problem for the last few years. Ridiculous TurboTax! This will be the last year for me using TurboTax. Good bye! 

jessica63

This is an issue for me, as well. I am using the desktop version. This is the first year I have had issues with downloading the state, but it's enough to turn me off from using TurboTax ever again. 

Here is what I have tried:

1. Running TurboTax as administrator. 

2. Updating the address, etc. to comply with the rules stated in these instructions.

3. Messing around with the display resolution, and making sure it's set to 100% instead of higher. 

4. Making sure TurboTax is up to date.

5. Updating all my drivers, etc.

I could go on, but come on TurboTax. I have been at this for three days now and I would like to get my business taxes filed.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are receiving a blank screen or missing buttons and images, please see this Help Article for some trouble-shooting tips. 

Please see this Help Article for instructions on how to resolve the state install/e-file update loop.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.  

@jessica63 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies