gailweiler

Completing my state of WI return and it states I need to upload a document for the Homestead credit. What document am I suppose to upload??

VictoriaD75

If you qualify for the Wisconsin Homestead Credit, you must submit a copy of your 2019 property tax bill (if you owned and occupied your home) or an original rent certificate signed by your landlord (if you rented your home) along with your Schedule H or H-EZ.

Wisconsin Homestead Credit

jd95

Is it possible to efile WI taxes claiming Homestead credit as a renter as state requires a 'renters certificate' signed by the landlord to included in the filing. It appears TT is allowing me to complete Schedule H, but how do I get the signed certificate attached?

MarilynG1

@jd95 You can Efile your Wisconsin return and claim the Homestead Credit, then mail your Schedule H or H-EZ later with your landlord's signed Rent Certificate.

Write 'Tax Return Filed Separately' on the top of your Schedule H. 

Click this link for more info on filing the Wisconsin Homestead Credit