Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot import - more than 3000 transaction on TurboTax Premier 2020 Windows Desktop PC version

@Tom1927 wrote:

Amazes me a computer program in 2021 has transaction limits.  

One such program has an import transaction limit of ~6,000 but a limit of 2,500 if you want to e-file. 

I really doubt you are going to find a consumer-level income tax preparation program that has a higher limit.

Cannot import - more than 3000 transaction on TurboTax Premier 2020 Windows Desktop PC version

not surprising. most professional software can't import anything.  Lacerte might be different because that's the professional Intuit tax product.

For how to deal with this, see my comments at the beginning of this thread  

or a further elaboration here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-i-want-to-use-turbotaxonline-to-file-2020-taxe...

@Mike9241 wrote:

not surprising. most professional software can't import anything.  Lacerte might be different because that's the professional Intuit tax product.

Yes, Lacerte works but, as you indicated, a lot of others do not.

This, in a sense, stands to reason since a ton of clients would not want their tax preparers to have access to their brokerage accounts. For Lacerte, the client has to authorize access either via email or by actually being present in the office.

@JohnB5677 wrote:

TurboTax cannot accept more than 3,000 transactions on a 1099-B.

1,500 for the online versions and 2,000-2,500 for the desktop (CD/Download) versions.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-we-notice-you-have-more-than-50...

Frank007

Wow, you just saved me hours of frustration! Appreciate it.

Thanks much,

frank

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies