Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Cannot import - more than 3000 transaction on TurboTax Premier 2020 Windows Desktop PC version

@jaychow38 You can still e-file your tax returns, you just need to mail the form 8453 separately. You do not need to mail the form to your state, just the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Cannot import - more than 3000 transaction on TurboTax Premier 2020 Windows Desktop PC version

From your statement above, you mentioned I need to include the form 1099-B and mail it together with Form 8453. However, after i printed out Form 8453, i notice only the last box was checked. It asked me to print out and attach Form 8949 only. My question is should I only mail

Option 1: "Form 8453 + Broker 1099-B"

Option 2: "Form 8453 + Form 8949"

Option 3: "Form 8453 + Broker 1099-B + Form 8949"

pls let me know which option I should choose. Thx!

" Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets (or a statement with the same information), if you elect not to report your transactions electronically on Form 8949"

When should I mail the form?
| Mail Form 8453 promptly after your return is accepted with attached
| forms and supporting documents listed on Form 8453.
| Attach the following items to Form 8453: Form 8949 or an acceptable
| Continuation Sheet for Schedule D.

Sorry to consult you 1 more question. I have multiple 1099-B from multiple trading platform like Etrade, Robinhood and Fidelity. Only the 1099-B from Fidelity hit the roadblock of 3000 transactions limit when I try to import it to TurboTax. The other 2 trading platform like Etrade and Robinhood successfully imported to Turbotax. So, I only need to use your method to only enter summary for Fidelity 1099-B and print out Form 8453. 

My question is do I only need to print out the 1099-B from Fidelity for mailing? Or I have to print out 1099-B from all three of them? Thx for your help!

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You will only need to print and mail the Fidelity 1099-B, if the others successfully imported all transactions.  You only have to mail the 1099-B for which you enter category summary totals.

Hello,

Do I send only summary page or whole 1099b?

Thank you

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You need to send the IRS the entire 1099-B, if you are reporting category summary totals.

I am also researching this topic with similar problem; to many transactions.  But I can't even enter the summary info because the field can only handle 9 or 10 digits. I assume this is an IRS efile limitation.  Like others, all my other brokerages imported fine but my TD account has this problem.  How do I handle this?

I just sent the entire 1099-B. 

Hi,

I have many transactions too. I am using the Delux version and I can't even enter the summary info because the field can only handle 7 digits and not 8 digits. Will I have the same issue if I upgrade to the Premier version? Thanks!

Yes, I believe you will. 

But how did you enter the numbers into the return?

Is there any other tax software we can use to deal with this issue? 

Hello John,

I used Form8949.com to convert my brokers data into a proper 8949 for the IRS.

I plan on printing and sending full tax forms through the mail. Would you please help me understand if I would need to send a form 8453? (I assume not cause I'm NOT E-filing)

Also, do I need to send the federal 8949 with California state 540? TurboTax also prints out California Capital Gain or Loss Adjustment Schedule D (540). But I cannot use what TurboTax created, because I cannot get all my broker data, so I'm stuck on how to create a CA Schedule D (540).

I have never had this issue before. Always been able to download my info. But, not this year.

Problems downloading every single one of our brokerage and bank accounts.

Not worth using Turbo Tax anymore...

why it cannot be accommodate more than 3000 transaction? I never got a answer that make sense to me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies