turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot finish filing because 6-digit code isn't being sent. Advisors, please do not provide steps to on how to send it via text, since that is for log-in purpose only.

I have paid $120, entered my bank info, and now it is requiring me to get a 6-digit code via email to file. Have requested for a code 5-6 times within the past hour or so, and nothing is being sent. I have received other turbotax emails, such as spam or receipt, so I know my mail is not being marked as spam (I've check the spam folder already).  Please do not show steps on how to get verified by text message because that is only for signing in - not related to the filing part.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Cannot finish filing because 6-digit code isn't being sent. Advisors, please do not provide steps to on how to send it via text, since that is for log-in purpose only.

The only 6 digit code I know of is an IPPIN - it that what it is asking for?    Where is it asking for that?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

User appears to be asking about the 6-digit email verification code that some Online users get as they try to efile if they hadn't previously verified their email address.

FAQ: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

If that's not helpful, please phone Customer Support.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

My email has been verified, (it even says so on my profile settings), and have been using turbotax for several years.  Efile requires a code sent to the email for verification purpose. Those that have or are going through the process of efiling will understand this code I am talking about.  Have been on the phone with support and they can't fix it as it seems to be more technical than they can help with.  Basically, tough luck is what I got.

Julia_V

Hi, I have the same issue and customer service couldn’t help me. 

@Julia_V wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue and customer service couldn’t help me. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the verification code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/security-risk/trouble-filing-verificatio...

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies