Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot enter 1099s on more than one schedule C

I have used Turbo Tax with multiple Schedule C Businesses for years.  1099 input is BROKEN on my MAC desktop version.  

I cannot enter 1099-NECs on more than one Schedule C. For example, I input 1099s for Business A. I open Business B to add 1099s and it forces me to open the 1099 previously entered on  Business A and it reassigns that 1099 to Business B.

Also, when I open a business,  I do not get a list of the 1099s to work on, I merely get a list of numbers and have to guess which one matches the 1099 I am trying to work on.  

I can also usually say if a 1099 belongs to myself or my spouse. This isn't an option this year either.

I have tried deleting all prior year 1099s and entering them from scratch.  Still the same problems.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This is a known issue, at least with respect to 1099-NEC forms. Entering a figure from a second 1099-NEC overwrites the first.

The developers are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

This is a known issue, at least with respect to 1099-NEC forms. Entering a figure from a second 1099-NEC overwrites the first.

The developers are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

I can actually enter more than one 1099-NEC if it is in the same schedule C.   However, I cannot enter other 1099s in a different schedule C

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Tagteam is correct -- This is a known issue and our developers are working on it.

Any chance you’ll let us know when it has been repaired?

Any chance you have a remedy for this issue yet?    Is the problem isolated to the Mac version, or is it the same with a PC?

@bdswords17 wrote:

Any chance you have a remedy for this issue yet?    Is the problem isolated to the Mac version, or is it the same with a PC?

The issue is definitely not limited to the Mac version and there the most recent update did not address the bug.

So frustrating... I hope they can get this resolved.  I imagine there are many people who need this fix!

I also noticed that when you actually do get a 1099-NEC keyed in to a schedule C, your "refund" decreases as you add deductions...  it's like it's calculating backwards!    

davidsolomon
Returning Member

I have delux and there is no place to enter my 1099s. what do I need to do 

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Please clarify - what kind of 1099s are you trying to enter?

@David solomon

I have tried too many times to input my 1099 NEC to no avail. I have tried multiple ways and it won't pop up the appropriate boxes. TurboTax has always worked very well the previous years. Do I need to return it and buy a different product?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The 1099-NEC form specifically reports Nonemployee Compensation which you may have gotten in previous years on a 1099-MISC. So, if you worked as a freelancer or contractor last year, you probably got a 1099-NEC reporting how much money you were paid in box 1.    Try these instructions:  

To enter your 1099-NEC in TurboTax:

1. Sign in and open or continue your return.
  2. Search for 1099-NEC and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer the questions and continue through to enter the information from your form.
    • If you have multiple 1099-NECs to enter, you can select +Add Another 1099-NEC on the 1099-NEC Summary screen.

When you’re done, we’ll ask you a few questions and help you through entering any expenses you may have so that you can reduce your taxable income.  What version of TurboTax are you using?   @Martin Blanco 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies