eulaione

Cannot access my brokerage account from Turbo Tax.

I have confirmed the credentials by logging in directly. Any suggestions?

You may need to upgrade to TT Premier.

gr-mkhamilton

I am using TT Premier and cannot access my Schwab account to transfer brokerage info. I input my Schwab user ID and password and cannot get past the I am not a Robot screens. As soon as I ID the first queried image, eg. buses, the screen goes white and I can't proceed. What's with that?

What with it is that it is too soon to import data from a brokerage.  They will not have that data ready for import until late January/early February.

Here's Schwab info and dates.  Scroll down

https://www.schwab.com/taxes 

But even when you can get the 1099 they might not have the import file ready.  And it's common for brokers, etc. to send out a corrected 1099 later.  See, there is a second date listed.  So don't file too soon.

cbarnold

I am using deluxe

@cbarnold   Do you have a question?  You can not use Online Deluxe to enter 1099B investment sales or K-1s.

gr-mkhamilton

I've had trouble with TT previously. Last year I had to file an amended form when TT incorrectly filed Foreign Taxes. The software was amended, and I then refiled. Every year it seems to have some glitch. I just awaiting the release of our brokerage account on Feb. 13 to finish and file. 

cbarnold

Thanks for the help