turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you import my w-2's from 2016 so I don't have to wait for my employers to send them to me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Can you import my w-2's from 2016 so I don't have to wait for my employers to send them to me?

If your W-2 is available for import you can do that from within your return.  Employers have until January 31, so yours might not be available for import yet.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I should rephrase that, is there a way turbo tax can look up my w-2's for them to be imported so I don't have to wait for an employer to send it to me.

Same answer
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

yeah you didn't help me. I don't believe you are understanding my question.

I understand your question.  The answer is you have to wait until your W-2 is online for import,

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies