Can you import my w-2's from 2016 so I don't have to wait for my employers to send them to me?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you import my w-2's from 2016 so I don't have to wait for my employers to send them to me?

6 Replies
Level 15

If your W-2 is available for import you can do that from within your return.  Employers have until January 31, so yours might not be available for import yet.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I should rephrase that, is there a way turbo tax can look up my w-2's for them to be imported so I don't have to wait for an employer to send it to me.
Level 15

Same answer
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

yeah you didn't help me. I don't believe you are understanding my question.
Level 15

I understand your question.  The answer is you have to wait until your W-2 is online for import,
Level 15

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings