turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maryatant

Does anyone know why only 3 estimated quarterly state tax coupons printed , one for Q1, Q2 and Q4 but not one for Q3?

I just printed my CA State Income Tax return and it included 3 coupons for paying estimated quarterly tax payments, one for Q1, Q2 and Q4 but not one for Q3.  I'm not sure why or what I should do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does anyone know why only 3 estimated quarterly state tax coupons printed , one for Q1, Q2 and Q4 but not one for Q3?

California does not want a 3rd quarter estimate payment.  They want

30%  40%  0%  30%  See 540ES instructions page 3 at the very bottom line 22 https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2019/19_540esins.pdf

View solution in original post

10 Replies

California does not want a 3rd quarter estimate payment.  They want

30%  40%  0%  30%  See 540ES instructions page 3 at the very bottom line 22 https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2019/19_540esins.pdf

Cindy0H

Can you go to the Forms Mode... Open Forms 540-ES 3... Print it.

New Information:

Important: California differs from federal. To avoid an estimate penalty, you must pay at least:

• 30 percent First quarter (April 15)
  • 40 percent Second quarter (June 17)
  • 0 percent Third quarter (September 16)
  • 30 percent Fourth quarter (January 15)

[Edited 03.15.19|3:08pm PST]

maryatant

I did re-print but the Q3 coupon is still missing.  
Cindy0H

Could you see it when you opened the forms?
Cindy0H

Did you only open Form 540-ES 3?
maryatant

No but on the calculation form, Q3 shows a 0 but Q4 has an amount due.  This is the first year I've had to pay estimates taxes; so I'm confused.
maryatant

I opened up the forms again and there isn't one for Q3.  It's weird..
angebrady

Same thing happened last year and I had to pay a penalty cause i didn't pay Q3.  This year Q3 isn't showing up on the estimates either,
Cindy0H

[Edited 03.15.19|3:08pm PST]
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies