Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can TurboTax file back years (up to 3) or must I try to complete with an expert reviewing what I have entered?

what determines the version of turbotax I need to purchase for a jont personal and business return?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can TurboTax file back years (up to 3) or must I try to complete with an expert reviewing what I have entered?

Home and Business would suit your needs. You would have to purchase the desktop versions and print and mail your returns. 

What kind of business?  Do you need to file a separate Business return like a Single Member LLC that is a S corp or a 1120 or 1065 LLC or partnership return?  Or just self employment/sole proprietor on Schedule C in your personal return?

For personal returns you can buy any Desktop program.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.   So Home & Business would have the most help.  You can buy the last 3 years of Turbo Tax here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You will need a full Windows or Mac to install it on.

If you need to file a separate business return,  Buy the prior year Business downloads here   

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Turbo Tax Business is only available for Windows.  

The TurboTax "experts" do not review past year returns.  The "Live" experts only help with current year returns.  For a past year return, you are on your own to use the CD/download "do-it-yourself" software.   You can ask questions here in the user forum as needed but an "expert" will not look at your returns.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies