I'm having problem transferring my completed Federal tax to start my California return. I clicked on the start icon next to California and it asked to download and install the state. After that has been done, I am still not able to transfer it. It just routed me back to the same step where I need to "download and install" again. I even restarted the computer couple of times and still have no luck.
I can't upload my federal tax info into Connecticut. This year I must file taxes in two States. New York and Connecticut. I can upload into my New York tax program but not the Connecticut. The software send in a endless loop. You need to check for a state update. Run the upstate. Select CT tax program again. I states you must check for an update.
It very frustrating not to be able to call a technician directly!!! This is the simplest tax forms I have done in 30 years! I will go back to doing it by hand. It only a few forms now. No the 10 to 15 forms from 2 years ago.
You can see if you can update your software by doing the following:
- Select the Online menu at the top
- Then select Check for Updates.
If this still does not update the program, click the Help button on the top menu bar.
- Then select TurboTax Help Center.
- A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
- Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen. You will need to enter your information in this section.
This will allow you to get product support to ensure your software has been updated to the latest version.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"