Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nnneji

Can't Register for Turbo Tax

Does anyone else get an error message when trying to register for TurboTax? Been a customer for 7 years and suddenly I cant file. I keep getting the error message: "We are sorry, we are having trouble authorizing your credit card. Please verify your billing address, card number, and CVV and try again."

However I have not submitted any credit card information? Called Turbo Tax support and was on the phone for hours with three different agents...no one could figure it out. Any ideas?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

I had a similar experience trying to pay my bill for my state download. Horrible time getting to a REAL person on the phone (who proved to be competent and a pleasure to work with. Intuit may not be with us much longer if they can't fix their system.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the exact same error. Was on the phone with support for two hours and they were unable to fix it.
nnneji

i think i will have to switch to H&R Block. It has been a month and no solutions from them. Was on the phone for over 4 hours
jahayes34

I have the same problem and no solution
jhr-sacto

Same problem
ahmedbn78

I think this is bug in their software and customer support reps cannot help by making config changes. Here's a workaround that worked for me. 1) Saved the .tax2018 file on my laptop via the Tools menu in Turbotax Live. 2) Purchased and installed the downloadable Turbotax software application on my mac. 3) Opened the saved .tax2018 in the downloaded/installed app and successfully filed my 2018 return. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a problem using your credit card, first, make certain the address you are using in the info section is a US address and not a foreign address.  Click on the little box that says to use the address on file if it matches the bank card's address.  If that doesn't work, call Customer Support at 800- 4- INTUIT. 

Gashaw

I have the same problem. Spent so much time with agents but could get solution. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please call TurboTax at 1-800-4Intuit  and an agent can take your payment over the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please review my prior post:

If there is a problem using your credit card, first, make certain the address you are using in the info section is a US address and not a foreign address.  Click on the little box that says to use the address on file if it matches the bank card's address.  If that doesn't work, call Customer Support at 800- 4- INTUIT. 

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

Please see the following link: Error: We are having trouble validating your credit card, please try again.

We only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards with a U.S. billing address similar to other US merchants.

To contact customer support : Contact us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jgshore

Getting the same thing - been using Turbo Tax for 9 years and never had a problem with the registration. I can't efile until this is resolved. Have tried multi times already.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

When you say register, is this an issue related to your payment? If so, see the troubleshooting link below:

Your payment information is not processing

If you continue to need assistance, contact TurboTax Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
calleymolina
Returning Member

If you can't get past the registration page/billing info and continue getting that error after you have tried other cards and verified the payment information is correct call Turbotax and ask them if you account has been placed on hold. It will not let you purchase a product even if the fee is $0.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies