Solved: Can't import anything from Schwab, button disabled

davetroup

Can't import anything from Schwab, button disabled

So many frustrations this year with Turbotax, it feels like nothing is working this time.

My latest frustration: I can't import any of my tax forms from Charles Schwab.  The forms and data are available on Schwab's end, but in Turbotax Premier (on my Mac) the "Continue" button on the window where you enter your Schwab login information is grayed out.  In other words, you can enter your login information, but there's no way to actually move forward and attempt to download. anything.  This appears to be a Turbotax problem, not a Schwab problem, since I can't even GET to the point where the program would go access Schwab's servers.

The forms are way too long and complex for me to want to enter all the data manually... that seems like a great opportunity to introduce errors, and is exactly the reason for using software like TurboTax.  So why doesn't it work?

davetroup

Never mind, I figured it out.  It's a TurboTax bug.

When you use the MacOS password manager to look up and enter the password for the Schwab account, it enters the password into the field, but the window doesn't seem to recognize that anything has been typed there, and so it doesn't "unlock" the Continue button.  I got around it by placing the cursor at the end of the password "dots" and typing one additional character, then deleting the additional character.  That will turn on the Continue button and you can go forward.

TurboTax: You should fix this, I am sure I'm not the only one stuck and frustrated over it.

davetroup

skgeorge108

I never had to enter brokerages pass word in Ttax to import tax document data, however I use Ttax Premier for Windows.

I just finished downloading tax documents from E-trade, Ttax asked for E-trade account number and payers TIN number.. it always works smoothly.

Curious to know how it works out...Tanks Samir  skgeorge108

tomnsf

This is a BUG. It should be fixed. Its only because of this user solution that I was able to proceed. 

What a lousy way to start out my TurboTax for the 2020 season.