Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can't get TurboTax 2023 will not launch - "Shortcut cannot be accessed"

I just had another ridiculous experience with Turbotax.  I have been trying every day for the past 3 weeks to launch Turbotax.  Every time I get a pop-up box saying I'm not connected to the Internet.  Which is, of course false. This morning I tried to launch it, and it went through an automatic update.  It installed some new program updates.  Then it said you are ready to start - and when i clicked on "launch", I got  the same message "You are not connected to the Internet."  How can that be.  Just 30 seconds before, the program downloaded updates from the Internet.  

Is anyone from Turbotax/Intuit looking at these posts??   Do something about this problem!!  

This is exactly the same issue I have.  Program will install, however it never asks for my license code and the shortcut tells me I'm not authorized.  My home computer and the only user.

What do I do to get this problem solved so I can do my taxes?

After two frustrating weeks, finally last Thursday I managed to launch TurboTax 2023.  For two weeks, after loading the program, I continued to get a message "Not connected to the internet."  I spoke with tech support from both Intuit and Microsoft, and both pointed to the other as the source of the problem.  Thursday I spent 6 hours and spoke to three Intuit and two Microsoft tech.  Following their advice, I uninstalled Turbotax 2022 and 2021; I uninstalled McAfee antivirus; I reloaded the entire Windows 11.  Nothing worked.  Finally, talking to an Intuit tech, I was instructed to clear the cookies from the cache.  Doing that, I was disconnected from my internet modem.  I had to do a hard reset, which entailed putting a paper clip in a small hole for 7 seconds to restore to the factory settings.  Then resetting the WiFi connection and password.  IT WORKED!!  I don't know whether it was cleaning the cache, or resetting the modem because both were simultaneous.  

pd30

I am having the same issue.  Reinstalled from CD several times, contacted TurboTax and they sent me a link.  Still having the same issue.  Not finding any info in their site to fix this.  What now??

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

To make sure TurboTax runs smoothly:

I need help installing my software

I need help updating my software

I got a Microsoft Installer error

@pd30 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies