Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can't activate Turbotax Home and Business

WE HAVE A RESOLUTION (pun intended - see below)

I contacted TT this morning to find out when this would be resolved..... and it has been (if you know the trick!)

• change your resolution to 800 x 600 (start>setting >system resolution. once it's been changed, your screen size will look very big. REMEMBER your initial resolution setting!
  • launch TT and the activation screen should launch.  copy / paste in your activation code. you should get the 'all set' green check mark
  • change your resolution back to what is was originally. 

JIMMYOK
Returning Member

Your tech support is going to get killed in January...

Hopefully WIN 10 puts out an update  and/or  TT corrects the issue on their end.  

@Critter-3  I got a new Windows 10 laptop for Christmas.  It doesn't have that 20H2 update on it.  It is listed as available.  I'm not going to do it.  I haven't bought my Home & Business yet.  Fingers crossed it loads.  

I will not install that update until my tech guy says it's safe for my personal and business computers. 

@Critter-3  Let me know when!  Keep me posted.

Radojko

The solution to change screen resolution to 800x600 worked like a charm for me, too! Now if only Intuit would share this solution until/if/when they ever come up with a REAL fix for the problem...

The resolution reduction worked.  You're a genius.  You took the air out of the truck tires to get under the bridge.

arudson

This is what worked for me.  I have a new laptop (December 2020) connected to a second monitor.  I set the resolution on my second monitor to 800-600 but kept the laptop screen as was.  Started the program.  The bank while screen came up on my laptop.  Moved my mouse until the pointer changed to a an i-bar, an i left clicked.  enterd the first 4 digits into the white screen (no characters visible), moved the window over to the second monitor and i could see that the digits were there.  I moved the window back to my lap top where it went white again, finished entering the characters and then moved the window to my stand alone monitor and then back to my laptop and i could see all populated and pressed the accept button.  

A real nascence but it worked

Sued73

Just purchased TT home and business 2020.  The activation screen is blank except for a blue dot in the middle of the screen.   I just purchased my computer so should meet all the requirements.  I am not great with technology but have never had a problem downloading Turbo Tax in prior years.  I have turned off my virus software and reset my router.   What else can I do?  Have been at this for a couple of hours already. 
Thank you. 

Did you try the screen resolution trick in this thread yet ?   Read the answers in this thread.  

Screen resolution works.  Try it...take resolution temporarily to 800 x 600, then when activated reinstate resolution.  What I have found, however, if you try to open link on laptop for turbox tax same thing will happen so my suggestion is to save document...it opens that way.

Reduce the screen resolution to 680.  Get on then go back to original resolution

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

In order, to avoid the blank activation screen, you will need to change your screen resolution. Please see the steps in this post, Blank activation screen - ttlc.intuit.com

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Reilly131

Can t believe it either but after working on it all day I found this solution of changing the resolution and it worked

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies