Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

@gr3yfox Did you try to login using the suggestion from @ssinn0080 above how they got theirs to work? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can not login to Morgan Stanley Stockplan Connect to import tax data. Tells me invalid username or password. I can access the site directly using same credentials..

Yes, and it's not working.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@gr3yfox

Now I understand....... I mean, I understand why there was no such "thumb-down" button to click. Otherwise, it will be an ugly scene. LOL.

tylerl

This hasn't worked for many years, and every year there's someone who brings it up.

I suspect it won't work next year either.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If import does not go smooth, I will suggest to manually enter info.  For import, there are a limit on how many transactions TurboTax can handle.  See blue links below.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

For more information, click here: 

how many stock transactions TT can handle

Import / crashed

navels

Just ran into this.  My MS password had a "&" in it.  Removed that character and now I can connect.

I am absolutely furious at this. Had this issue last year and now again. Called TurboTax and they said it's a glitch with no fix and to enter manually.....If I wanted to enter things manually, I wouldn't be using your software in the first place?

chris202

Still a problem

It was bad enough that in the past my transactions were imported without cost basis requiring manual steps.

But now with no import at all, I don't see why to bother with TurboTax anymore. The convenience is completely gone.

I had a similar problem logging into Interactive Brokers.

Also had problems with Fidelity - I was able to log in, but Turbo Tax said file was too big, so I should request a refund (right, after my tax info is 80% completed)

Never had problems with either of these in the past.

Very discouraged with Turbo Tax! Last time I ever use it again!

Here we go again.   It is March 2022, and going on the 3rd year now that TT and MS are broken.   Still can't import anything.   Ridiculous that neither company will fix this.   I am with Stockplan Connect under Cisco.   Will have to be all manual again in 2022.

This is so disappointing.  I brought this up on a call with Morgan Stanley and Cisco this week and the speaker said to call the support line.  

There's NO sense of ownership between Morgan Stanley and Intuit.  Makes me wonder if Schwab users have experienced the same level of pain that we have??? :(

fdempster
Returning Member

Joining this happy group ... als defeated with a "general error" today for my MS plan.

On Feb 28 2022 message in effect that data will be ready today, March 2. No issues with TD Ameritrade ... looks like a TurboTax fail here and I enter manually ...

My plan is Accenture so apparently a wider issue.

Crenim
Returning Member

I am having the exact same "general error" message.  Going to give it another day to see if this works since this is the first day they were supposed to have it available.  From reading this thread, it's really disappointing that Intuit isn't properly looking into this.

As an IT professional with over 20 years in the business, this is 100% on intuit to fix and if they have restrictions with the API integration to Morgan Stanley, they need to call that out via a warning box or similar in the application.  In this case, the thing just throws a non-helpful or informative error and I have no logs or anything I can look at to see what really is going on.

Let's sort this out guys.  Let's communicate better.  I've been a customer of TurboTax for almost 20 years, but that is seriously hanging in the balance at this point.

This problem has been ongoing for years now. Clearly Intuit is not going to fix the issue and probably don't care to fix it. Sad to think that Intuit support is this bad. And yes Intuit you need to take the lead on fixing this issue and stop telling people it's not your problem.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies