brandon-j1216

Can I start with TurboTax Deluxe and upgrade to TurboTax Live if I encounter issues or have more questions?

alanmcdonley

What is the cost to upgrade from TurboTax Deluxe to TurboTax Live?
mesquitebean

TurboTax Live is only available in an online product.   The cost of a TurboTax Live product depends on what edition you use.    Deluxe Live is currently discounted at 89.99 for a Federal return (normally 119.99).   It's not known when the price will revert to normal.  In the past price increases have typically occurred in mid-March.

Deluxe without Live is currently discounted at 39.99 for Federal (normally 59.99).   To upgrade to Deluxe Live would be an additional $50 at the discounted rate for both.    A state return, if applicable, has an additional fee of 39.99.
alanmcdonley

Thanks.
mesquitebean

You're welcome.  Good luck.
AnthonyC

Yes, you can always upgrade later on if you want to (and it's better to start in the lower version first because you can always upgrade but the only way to downgrade is to completely erase your return).

Here is how you can upgrade in the online program (also the program will likely prompt you a couple times during the process asking if you want to upgrade to Live) 

David Loves Deductions

See this:

How do I upgrade to turbotax live from turbotax premier (CD version)?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-do-i-upgrade-to-turbotax-live-from-turbotax-p...