turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I start with TurboTax Deluxe and upgrade to TurboTax Live if I encounter issues or have more questions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Can I start with TurboTax Deluxe and upgrade to TurboTax Live if I encounter issues or have more questions?

What is the cost to upgrade from TurboTax Deluxe to TurboTax Live?

TurboTax Live is only available in an online product.   The cost of a TurboTax Live product depends on what edition you use.    Deluxe Live is currently discounted at 89.99 for a Federal return (normally 119.99).   It's not known when the price will revert to normal.  In the past price increases have typically occurred in mid-March.

Deluxe without Live is currently discounted at 39.99 for Federal (normally 59.99).   To upgrade to Deluxe Live would be an additional $50 at the discounted rate for both.    A state return, if applicable, has an additional fee of 39.99.

Thanks.

You're welcome.  Good luck.

Yes, you can always upgrade later on if you want to (and it's better to start in the lower version first because you can always upgrade but the only way to downgrade is to completely erase your return).

Here is how you can upgrade in the online program (also the program will likely prompt you a couple times during the process asking if you want to upgrade to Live) 

See this:

How do I upgrade to turbotax live from turbotax premier (CD version)?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-do-i-upgrade-to-turbotax-live-from-turbotax-p...

best number to call

@2021Hutchcorp wrote:

best number to call

Explain what you are trying to do so we can help you.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies