I have a loss on my rental property because of extensive repairs and I do a few mystery shops? I was shocked to see Form 8995a and would prefer to not deal with it. Is it possible to ignore it?
Yes, you can just delete the form. However, if you receive a K-1 from a partnership or S-Corporation, that could also trigger the Qualified Business Income (QBI) Credit (Form 8995A).
If not, see if the form appears in your list of forms and delete it. To do this, please follow these steps:
- While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).
- In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).
- Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar.
- In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
- Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
- To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.
-follow this link for more information-