Can I change the number in column 1b on Form 1099-...

alj

Can I change the number in column 1b on Form 1099-DIV if supplemental info. tells me a specific short-term capital gain distribution is qualified but it isn't included in line 1b?

Supplemental info. from Vanguard tells me I have a ST capital gain distribution from a mutual fund that is qualified although this isn't included in line 1b.  It's only included in line 1a. Can I add this amount to 1b in Turbotax so it reflects this? What bothers me is the amount I'm reporting in 1b will differ from what it says in my Form 1099-DIV reported to the IRS. Is there a better way to do this?

I think only long term capital gains are qualified.  Short term is taxed as normal income.  

alj

Vanguard says in supplemental information : "100% of the short-term capital gains distributions made in 2020 by the funds below are qualified short-term capital gains distributions (QSGs).  Refer to your year end account statement to find the exact amount of QSGs distributed by funds you own".

My fund is listed and the amount is $744 for the short term capital gain distribution.