camstjohn

Can anyone explain to me how the number in field 8A of a Schedule A form 1040 is generated? It auto populated on my turbo tax documents and cannot map it back.

That is entered by you someplace in the program ... did you have a rental property that you converted to personal use ? 

Save a PDF with the worksheets to see what happens behind the scenes since you are not using the Downloaded program which has a FORMS mode ...

You can peek at only  the Federal form 1040 and the summary of the state info by going here:

1) lower- Left side of the screen...click to the left side of the "Tax Tools" text selection.
2)  then select "Tools"
3) then select "View Tax Summary" from the pop-up
4) then back to the left-side and "Preview 1040"

Then hit the "Back" on the left side to get back to your tax entries.

To view your entire return using the online editions (including the state) before you file, you will need to pay for your online account.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2018 return at this time, click on Tax Tools >>> Tools  and then Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Continue.  On the next screen it will ask if you want Audit Defense, if you do not want this option just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

camstjohn

Thanks, Critter.  

Yes, we were leasing a room of our home for part of 2019, however, after pulling the PDF, I'm still unable to find anything that explains the number seen. 

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number