turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjpersky

Where do I enter Box 12 (Bond Premium on Treasury Obligations) from 1099-INT?

Where do I enter Box 12 (Bond Premium on Treasury Obligations) from 1099-INT? Where do I enter Box 8 (Original Issue Discount on US Treasury Obligations?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

.........in box 10 (not 😎 and 12 on the 1099-INT in the software.

If you look at the main page of the 1099-INT form...where you can see box 1 ?

Look for a CHECKBOX !  "My form has info in more than just box 1 (this is uncommon)"

Make sure you have a box 3 entry to go along with box 12....not sure about box 10.

And do not put a 0.00 in any box..any box with a zero in it should be left empty  (maybe box 1 would be OK...last year the form wouldn't go without at least a 0.00, or real number in box 1, but they may have fixed that)

(.............though it's stupid to say it's uncommon...we just can't get the developers to eliminate that ridiculous statement)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

...corrected...OID is box 10
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

BUT...for the box 10 entry, you also need to make the following manual change to your 1099-INT

"If you made an election to include market discount in income as it accrues and you notified your payer of the election, the amount on this line is the income that must be included in your taxable income.

To include that amount in income, adjust Box 1 and/or 3 (based on the type of bond the accrued interest is from) to include the amount reported on the Market Discount line. "
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies