turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

i-sevare

Business tax returns are due today (I filed for an extension). Can they be filed electronically through Turbotax by midnight tonight?

I filed a 7004 for an extension to file my business return today. Can I file it electronically through Turbotax by midnight tonight?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Business tax returns are due today (I filed for an extension). Can they be filed electronically through Turbotax by midnight tonight?

You can e-file your return through TurboTax Business (provided the return is the original return (not an amended one)).

ylidor

The due date to file an extension for your business tax return has long gone. The last date to file the extended tax return is typically the 15th of September, whereas the last date to file your personal tax return is the 15th of October.

So in short, you can't extend today the submission of your business tax return. If you had an extension in effect you could submit your final one before midnight today. If you were not ready - you could submit what you have electronically (through the Business TT, if you have it) and finish the final version in the near future - you could then submit the final version as an amended return.

@ylidor wrote:

The due date to file an extension for your business tax return has long gone.

That first sentence in the original post is ambiguous and @i-sevare needs to clarify whether the 7004 was filed today or whether it was timely filed so that @i-sevare could file up through today.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies