Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bought turbotax with5 free fed& 1 free state filing but am being charged to file state return, i have never been charged the last 10 years, why this time?

@Thud wrote:

HOWEVER YOUR AD IN AMAZON SAYS "Includes 5 Federal e-files and 1 State via download"   which is very misleading!     I just got this quote from Amazon webpage where I bought my 2022 TurboTax.   Later in the text the add says "State e-file sold separately. "    FIX YOUR MISLEADING AD IN AMAZON.

The ad is correct.  You receive one free state tax program download.

There is a $25 state e-file charge (except New York state) for each state return e-filed.  This e-file charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

Bought turbotax with5 free fed& 1 free state filing but am being charged to file state return, i have never been charged the last 10 years, why this time?

Was some glitch in system if you were able to do that f or free for all those years.

Everyone else paid $20 or $25 for each state efile.

@taxlady28 wrote:

Was some glitch in system if you were able to do that f or free for all those years.

Everyone else paid $20 or $25 for each state efile.

Did you notice that post you responded to was from 2019?  Doubtful that the OP will ever see your reply.

I did not look at the date LOL

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies