jimbacarella

Before I file, I received some dividends on stock I own. I did not withdraw anything, just left it in the account. Do I need to add this to my taxes.

The stock is not part of an IRA.  Also, I started an installment sale in 2016 and it  still continues.  I sold the property at a loss.  Do I need to add the monthly payment that I receive to my taxes even though the money goes directly to pay the mortgage.  

BobinCT

Wait until you get the tax forms from your broker.  

BobinCT

IsabellaG

Yes, dividends are taxable whether you received a check or just left them in the account. For your installment sale, you would need to report the interest portion of the monthly payments as interest income. Since you sold the property at a loss, the sale itself should have been reported last year.