Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SUE2445
Returning Member

I received a 1099 misc with rents received and calif witholding . at the end of filing they wand 592B i owe no taxes to calif

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I received a 1099 misc with rents received and calif witholding . at the end of filing they wand 592B i owe no taxes to calif

Because your 1099-MISC shows California withholding amount, you are being ask to complete a Resident and Nonresident Withholding Tax Statement form 592-B. "Box 16: If you withheld any state income tax from payments made to contractors or vendors who performed services for you, then enter the amount withheld." Here is a copy of the form link. https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2018/18_592b.pdf. If you are entering the amount from the 1099-MISC on the federal side, you do not need to complete the form.

If you are require to add the form and complete the information on your TurboTax Desktop, here are the steps to get you there.

1. Click on the top right Forms icon
  2. Go to the left side and click on Open Form
  3. In the field, type in 592-B and enter
  4. Just below 2017 California, select Form 592-B: Resident and Nonresident Withholding Tax Statement 
  5. Then, click Open Form. You can then enter the information from your 1099-MISC. Go through each part and provide the information (see attached file screenshot form). The form is added to your return when you file 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies