Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

FD
Level 2

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

Mon, Feb 25. My third efile over the last five days was rejected today because of Form 2210. Do I only have two free efiles remaining? If so, what will the 6th efile cost?

Thank you.  This worked for me.  I was getting worried because I had mailed the 1040-V with the payment and the corresponding state form.  If I had to do a paper filing, I was worried that I would have months of explaining to the tax authorities why I had mailed a payment prior to filing a paper return. Getting the annualized portion of the 2210 completed seemed to do the trick.  It's superfluous as you observe, but it seems to work.

The message from Turbotax on the rejections was not helpful.  It said that this was a timing error with their 2/22 fix and I should just refile.  That was simply wrong, twice.   Again, thanks for sharing.

How did you add the explanation form?  TurboTax generated the explanation statement for me, but will not submit it with the return.

Line 172019-02-21 at 1.05.31 PM.png

The text SEE STMT was inserted by TT after I prepared the statement. In the filing process, TT gave me the option of printing out a copy of the return for filing. The statement was there. Note that you must choose copy of Return for Filing, not copy of all forms and worksheets.

FD
Level 2

Tues, Feb 26. Are filers still having the IRS reject their efiling for the Form 2210? I haven't seen any postings here in a couple of days.  I've still got to re efile and I'm hoping the problem is fixed.

CharlieP
Returning Member

I'm going to wait until the promised March 1 "fix" to try again.

MJB
Level 2

My refile after the Friday update was rejected. I am out of town and do not expect to attempt an fix and refile until after the next update. Even then I might have to just print and file by USPS  - 

It is very disappointing as I want that LARGE  refund I am due - and should not be tied up with some silly penalty and form 2210.  but

Life goes on and I will address it in a week or so. 

MJB

MJB
Level 2

My last  e file after the Friday update was rejected. (reject number 6 all caused by form 2210 as it appears that the latest one did not have teh expiation form attached).  I am out of town and do not expect to attempt an fix and refile until after the next update. Even then I might have to just print and file by USPS  - 

It is very disappointing as I want that LARGE  refund I am due - and should not be tied up with some silly penalty and form 2210.  but

MJB

MJB
Level 2

@FD wrote:

Tues, Feb 26. Are filers still having the IRS reject their efiling for the Form 2210? I haven't seen any postings here in a couple of days.  I've still got to re efile and I'm hoping the problem is fixed.

My last  e file after the Friday update was rejected. (reject number 6 all caused by form 2210 as it appears that the latest one did not have teh expiation form attached).  I am out of town and do not expect to attempt an fix and refile until after the next update. Even then I might have to just print and file by USPS  - 

MJB

MJB
Level 2

@CharlieP wrote:

@CharlieP wrote:

me too

MJB

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180-form-2210-waiver-checkbox-marked-but-form-isn-t-required

It looks like they changed it to the 8th :(

Does anybody know for the online people if changing the prior year due to 0 has any other affect in the tax forms other than just getting rid of 2210 form?

Not sure what you are worried about. by removing the 2210, if the IRS determines that you owe a penalty they will let you know. There should not be any other implications to your tax return.

andclayton
Returning Member

I used someone's work-around on the ONLINE version. Go through and enter zeros in the TWO fields where 2017 tax penalty has been filled in automatically. This takes Form 2210 out of your filing. It worked for me. Finally e-filed.

I just did the same workaround for the online and efiled. Fingers crossed 🤞
MJB
Level 2

Thanks for this update-  I am out of town and not near my PC with the Tax program and data- but will certainly try it when i get back in 10 days - 

I tried to remove the form 2210 on earlier attempts and TT would not allow me to delete that form, while still not allowing me to attach the explanation.

I have decided to just enjoy my vacation - but when i get back will try the work around to delete the form.  

Were you using the on line version?? because i have the CD installed version and it is my understanding that the two versions work differently.  

Thanks and i hope you get your refund ASAP. 

MJB

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies