Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

Anyone else having problem e-filing with IRS Form 2210 under tax reform

MJB -

I am not sure whether I was working with the old buggy stuff, or some other updated iteration.........  I just figured I would try anything and, when I did the right click/override/etc., etc....  all of a sudden the Form 2210 went away from my forms list on the left side, and I re- e-filed both the Fed and State returns.... and, nothing has puked back at me yet, and it's been almost an hour...

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

To All..........

Evidently, my Right click and Override to the Part II Box A did the trick.....  I JUST GOT NOTICE THAT MY FED RETURN WAS ACCEPTED...!!!   YIPEE...!!!  Guess we'll have to wait until morning for South Carolina because I am sure they are all asleep by now.

Good night, and good luck to y'all.

T-Bone

MJB
Level 2

great news SCT_bone

that yours worked - 

my software is updated I jus have not opened the program to test it - 

i hope that the new version works with your solution and pray that SC accepts it and you are home free for the weekend 

MJB

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

MJB -

Here's a suggestion.....

Open your tax file, and save it with a different name so you have two separate files within your TT application.  Call the new file something like TEST so you know which is which.  Then, open the new TEST file, and do the experimenting on it, so your original file remains unchanged.  If you find the solution works on the TEST file, then go back into your original file and make the same change and you should then be good to go.

Worth a try, and can't hurt anything....

TB

MJB
Level 2

re your next message  re the test file 

GREAT IDEA as i already have so many files from quicky changes to try  and 5 rejections 

i need to do that anyway  

but need a fresh start tomorrow 

you have a great weekend - as you ARE DONE and that is awesome 

sleep well and think of me in the am 

first thing to decide which file is teh LAST ONE and then implementing your FIIX  

should be easy as all changes have been to only the 2210 stuff so i can start from scratch - IF TT will allow 

celebrate 

you  deserver it 

MJB

If you are getting Box A and Box C, I assume you are paying estimated taxes. If you are paying variable estimated taxes, you need all pages of Form 2210 as well as Schedule AI of Form 2210.

If you are making 4 equal estimated taxes, and have a refund, then you don't need to fill out Form 2210, and some of the tricks people are mentioning to remove 2210 may be in order.

Form 2210 (ALL of Form 2210) needed to be filed in my tax situation.

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

Yup....  I think that I'm going to call it a night....  been at this fiasco since about Noon today... glad we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

Good luck tomorrow morning, and I will be curious to hear that all is well once you get your "acceptance"...

Good night.

TB

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

I just saw Big Red's message, and I concur....  In my case, I made estimated payments throughout the year, and those payments (by my planning) did exceed what I owe on the tax returns (both Federal and State) and thus, there is no reason or need to include the Form 2210 with the return.

I'm having the same issue - so frustrating. If anyone is able to have their return accepted please let us know how you did it. Thank you.

cmeyer44

I have the same problem. I answered all the questions entering all the appropriate information showing I receive a refund to the QBI deduction. The software showed no errors nor issues to I e-filed my return only to be rejected for the same reason. I reopened my return which prompted me to address the issue which I assumed it did so I started the process to e-file again. Before submitted, I printed the return noticing the explanation statement was not included even though I see it when viewing the Form for my return. Therefore, I can not e-file until this bug is fixed by TurboTax. I certainly hope support is reading this thread and will notify everyone when the fix is released. Otherwise, I'll have to print the return and mail it in.

I don't understand why this form is necessary when I submitted higher Q payments than the previous year and the overall income is less than the previous year along with the fact that I get a refund this year due to the QBI while last year I had to pay. Quite annoying issue!

Chris

pbesong
Returning Member

Got my taxes accepted this morning! This was my fourth try. I'm using the online version and made estimated taxes all year based on how much i made on my side business, not what i made last year (I made much less this year in my side biz). This time when i did the 2210 form I put 0 in the 2107 field and did NOT do the Annualized Income Method. It said I did not owe a penalty and everything checked out. Whew! Waiting to hear from state whether or not it was accepted but I assume it will be. They didn't accept it last time because federal didn't accept it. 

JohnC
Returning Member

Yes.  efile rejected for same reason on the 2210.  Deleted form and refiled.  Apparently Turbotax regenerated the form before I submitted again and so I was rejected for the same reason.  The amount they are trying to save me is literally $5.  I cannot resubmit without form 2210.  Just to make it more aggravating I am an automatic renewal customer and I can't get by their automated loop to speak with anybody.  I have the downloaded version on a Mac.  Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post says a fix will be released on 3/1.  It's for people who don't need to file Form 2210.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4621180-form-2210-waiver-checkbox-marked-but-form-isn-t-required

You can also sign up for a notification e-mail there.

S_C_T-Bone
Returning Member

I got word this morning that SC accepted my state return......... so much for waiting for TT to "fix" the 2210 problem next week....  just do the override of the Part II Box A checkmark, and you will be fine.

MJB
Level 2

BIG RED 

TODAY  after the update - I am getting Box A and Box D checked= ??

I made 3 quarterly payments but not the 4th as I knew I was already getting $11,000 refund.

(had no idea it woudl trigger this mess and 2210 and penalty

When I look at the forms- there is a 2210 schedule Ai 

or A1 indicated but it does not print so ?? will it be attached?

I will go ahead and refile and see but it is not clear to me

the part 2 D instead of C seems to be figuring the penalty but the penalty calculated by TT is zero??

who knows I will try it again. 

I am going out of town and may just have to wait for my return or USPS mail the form with the explanation. I will letyou know 

thanks for your aid and continued help

Martha

MJB

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies