turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EKT77

Form 8606 for 2017 is available on IRS.gov but TurboTax is telling me its not?

Any answers on when Turbo Tax is going to have this ready & fixed? I too am ready to file our taxes, and still hung up in Turbo Tax waiting for this form 8606 S. Beyond frustrating!!

Turbotax. please update us about this form and when we can complete it! people are clearly waiting for something you said would be available, that's not a good way to do business.

I would like an update as well. Now the IRS website says 2/22/18 what does that mean for Turbo Tax? I have already paid as well...
pso206

I just called and they said the new IRS deadline is 2/22/18, so no one will be able to e-file with this form before then
EKT77

So what happens to the people that already paid for the Turbo Tax filling already?
draker21

If the new deadline has been moved to 2/22, then TurboTax should have the decency to communicate this to their customers. This is BS!
draker21

I just got off the phone with someone who wanted me to share my screen with them so that I can show them that the website shows form 8606-s will be available on 2/15 and it was the most unprofessional rep that I have ever come across. She sounded like she answered the phone from home. Asides from being unprofessional the lady didn't know anything or couldn't provide any useful info. I will not be completing this years taxes with Turbotax!
matthewh5

Very frustrating. I am waiting on this form as well. They sure took my money though!

I will never use TurboTax ever again.
rico47807

This is getting on my nerves!  I've been waiting since the third week of January to file my taxes.  TT has offered no additional information on when this form, that was supposed to be available today, will actually be available.  I've used TT for years, but this will probably be my last!
bald_dude

I'm pretty sure this is a game being played by the IRS, not TT.
mmataja

Can totally understand everyone's frustrations. Having lived/worked through multiple system/reporting/accounting system changes before retiring, I have a bit of an understanding on how complicated the process can be to update for changes. Given the IRS didn't make the 2017 Form 8606 was still being revised on January 31, 2018, it seems reasonable to me that it might take Turbo Tax a few weeks to get it up and running. I'm hoping it will be available soon, but the major blame is on our Federal government for the delay. Still don't understand why the forms were not made available to the public before the end of 2017.

I've been using TurboTax since 1997.  This ridiculous hold-up on Form 8606 is delaying my $2500 refund--cash I am counting on and need right now!  The lady I talked to on the phone just now had a poor attitude and I could barely hear her--maybe because her kids were crying in the background.  She said the 8606 delay has been pushed back to 2/22/2018--even though the form is clearly available on the IRS website.  I cannot file my Federal or State taxes until this silly form is available.  This is now my last year using TurboTax.  These people have all year to get their sh*t together.  It is now Gametime and they aren't ready.  So unprofessional and so annoying.
bald_dude

It's not Turbotax!  It's your friendly, caring and hard-working government servants at the IRS!
Go here and scroll down to Form 8606:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms">https://www.irs.gov...>
dfrazier

I got tired of waiting and saw one person say they were able to complete it on the HR block website and so I went and did mine just to see if this was true and I was able to complete my return even thought I needed the 8606t form so I think this is a turbotax issue. i've been using turbotax for over 10 years but this year was ridiculous. I advice everyone to just save a pdf version of your last year return and upload it to hr block. Turbotax was cheaper because I had a discount but it wasn't worth the hassle.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies