turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vinnyg1

I filed and got paid for a travel voucher by the Air Force in November 2016 for a trip I had done in 2015. How should I report that income since I see no W-2 for it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I filed and got paid for a travel voucher by the Air Force in November 2016 for a trip I had done in 2015. How should I report that income since I see no W-2 for it?

You do not report military travel voucher payments on your tax return.

Payments received for military temporary duty travel (TDY) are not treated as income. They are simply reimbursements for work-related travel expenses.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ToddL

What kind of travel was it? PCS or TDY?
vinnyg1

TDY
ToddL

and unless I'm mistaken, you still get to keep any frequent flyer miles.
vinnyg1

Great, thanks for the heads up!
ToddL

You do not report military travel voucher payments on your tax return.

Payments received for military temporary duty travel (TDY) are not treated as income. They are simply reimbursements for work-related travel expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies