TyreseM21

AGI Number

I don’t know my agi tax number from last year to file and I need serious help.

Bobbybro123

AGI Number

Need 2018 AGI

CatinaT1

AGI Number

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040; or
  • You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

Unfortunately, without the correct number, your only option would be to print and mail in your return. 

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

Joette1951

AGI Number

I need the AGI number from the 2018 tax form. I can't find last years tax forms. I changed phone #s sence last year

JakailaLO

AGI Number

Please use this link for assistance with finding your 2018 AGIhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/00/25947

frieson77

AGI Number

I was rejected by the IRS for the wrong agi number, where can I find it.

CatinaT1

AGI Number

The IRS uses your prior year AGI to combat fraud. 

Time-saving Tip: If what you entered is correct and you continue to get a reject, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return.

JoesephGenesis

AGI Number

How do I download agi #

DawnC

AGI Number

(Note: If you only filed a return for a stimulus payment in 2019 using TurboTax Stimulus Registration or the IRS Non Filers: Enter Payment Info, enter 1 for your AGI.)

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. (If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI, because those are manually processed.)

Select the option below that best describes your situation.

I filed my 2019 taxes with TurboTax

I didn't file my 2019 taxes with TurboTax and/or I don't have my 2019 return

I didn’t file a 2019 federal tax return (or I haven't filed one yet)

Note: You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form, because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

For info on married filing separately in 2019, but filing jointly in 2020, go here.
For info on married filing jointly in 2019, but filing separately in 2020, go here.   

@JoesephGenesis