brnadyw

A 1099 is given for direct sales comission over 600, but due to personal use and charitable contributions I did not make over $600. How is that handled ?

Coleen3

If you earned money that was reported on a 1099-Misc, you must report it. If you kept inventory and took items out for personal use, indicate it. Your charitable contributions are personal and not a business expense
brnadyw

How/where should that be indicated?
Coleen3

You can enter a 1099-MISC on the 1099-MISC Summary screen.

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.
  2. Click "search" and search for 1099-misc.
  3. Select the Jump to 1099-misc link in the search results.
  4. Select Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
  • If you need to enter another 1099-MISC, select Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.
  • Enter the information from your 1099-MISC.
    • If your form has an amount in more than one box, you’ll need to enter them as separate 1099-MISC forms. We’ll help you with that.