turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone ever dealt with have the code 570 on their transcript and then got 971 code I just want to see what could it be I know those letters take forever

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Has anyone ever dealt with have the code 570 on their transcript and then got 971 code I just want to see what could it be I know those letters take forever

"570" means there is an Additional Liability Pending or Credit hold and "971" means a Miscellaneous Transaction.   Not very informative.  I think you're going to need to wait for that letter.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I got the exact same on mine. I think they have diff info on my return that what they received from my employer. I filed with a preparer, using my last check stub instead of w-2, because I wanted an advance, but got denied. I’m gonna call Tuesday, since tomorrow is a holiday,-‘d see if I can give them the info without waiting for a letter.

That what I was wondering if I can call without the letter
majaandme

Just an update. I just spoke with an IRS agent. She said that I was sent a letter last week, and when I get it, call back and verify the info. So, be on the look out for mail from them this week.

I have the same two codes. I tried to call the irs but they are busy.

"570" means there is an Additional Liability Pending or Credit hold and "971" means a Miscellaneous Transaction.   Not very informative.  I think you're going to need to wait for that letter.

570 and 971

@lonniekeith3 Thanks.

I have the same two codes. I did receive a 5071c letter, but I’m unsure if the 570 code pertains to the 5071c letter or if there’s a new letter coming.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies