Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 turbotax for business step by step has an error

In Turbotax for business 2023, using step by step, the section asking for interest income does not ask for information from line 12 or 13 from form1099-INT I received.  I finished my taxes and decided to look at the forms view, just to be sure everything was filled in.  On the form 1099-INT worksheet there are spaces to fill in for lines 12 and 13.  So I filled in the correct data.  My taxes were reduced.

The software program needs to be updated and this error corrected.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To report this issue, I need to request a  sanitized copy of your return.  A sanitized copy in one where there is no personal information, only numbers so that we can troubleshoot in depth, check for calculation issues, and to see how certain items are applied.  Here is how to order. 

For Turbo Tax online, go to tax tools>tools>share my file with agent.  When this is selected, you will receive a token number.  Respond back in this thread and tell us what that token number is. 

If you use the desktop version, go to the black stripe at the top of the program>online>send tax file to agent. Once you receive the token number, reply back in this thread and let us know what that token number is.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There is no need for me to supply a copy of my return.

Simply load turbotax for business, select trust area, go to income on step by step and try to find  a place to input data from line 13 of 1099-INT.  There is no spot there.

So I had to go to the forms view and input it directly

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.02.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.02.37 PM.pngAnyone just doing step by step would not include the data and would pay more taxes than needed.

@stevepaa wrote:

Anyone just doing step by step would not include the data and would pay more taxes than needed.

Correct. This has to be entered in Forms Mode and, like it or not, it's been that way for years.

Don't you think it is about time they fix it?

@stevepaa wrote:

Don't you think it is about time they fix it?

No more than fixing other issues, such as the ability to import tax reporting statements, which has also been requested by users for years (among other things).

I add my support for the comments here as to Intuit step by step, missing line 13 step, causing loss of money to user who does not know to not rely only on the step -by-step and must go to the form for this line item.

And when I read the reply by Intuit to the effect they required to share your form for them to begin the process of understanding about line 13 non interlaced into the step by step, I though appropriate to add one more support to focus the Intuit staff to correct this apparent gap in the software step by step.

I also am getting an error upon error check . Form plainfly has "NO" checked under line 15, schedule B (Page 3) yet, error check is saying I'm to provide a number from form 8996, line 15. Duh, I don't have that form because I have checked "NO" so what gives

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates.  Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your reply came too late. I had already filed as best I could. I ran all updates and I called customer service. I waited and waited to speak to one representative, and then again to a second representative.  Both reps appeared insufficiently knowledgeable on a level satisfactory to responded effectively. I felt I was explaining to them about TurboTax rather than the other way around. This impressed me as to how much more a customer [pays for this product then the home business product and yet how much less is provided in product guidance and customer service ability. Frankly, appears that Inuit is not putting in the time or effort to bring this product up to the level of the home business product.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies