Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 Home & Business desktop CD (Win x64) "You're not connected to Internet" error message

Hello, I installed my 2023 Home & Business desktop CD (Win x64) which went fine,  did it's first software download and update (4/04/24 package) and patched fine.  But when I click the Relaunch TurboTax button it takes me to the  Activation screen window which keeps saying "You're not connected to Internet  .  .  . 
To activate your purchase, you'll need to connect to the internet.  Check to make sure that:
* Your internet connection is working properly."   (Of course it is or it wouldn't have downloaded first update.)
* Your security setup, such as your firewall and antivirus programs, allows TurboTax to connect to the Internet. "  
(This hasn't been a problem in prior years.  Why with this 2023 version ?   My I set my firewall to allow TurboTax .exe and two intuit update services .exe to connect to internet.   I can't get beyond this error screen so I can activate the software.   I  just downloaded the manual update "w_perrelsuperpatchIS_ttax_2023.exe"  but haven't used it yet.  Doubt that will solve the issue.   Does anyone know what specific IP addresses the software needs to use to connect the Intuit servers so I can whilelist them in my firewall ?   I could deactivate my firewall but that's not really a good idea.  Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

2023 Home & Business desktop CD (Win x64) "You're not connected to Internet" error message

To make sure TurboTax runs smoothly:

I need help installing my software

I need help updating my software

I got a Microsoft Installer error

Related Information:

@snds3d2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Cynthiad66,  thank you for your reply.  I've already read all that after several hours of searching around, and none of that is relevant to me.  I've already done all that long before I installed Turbotax and I have an IT background.   The solution for me, after digging around in firewall seems  that TurboTax software needed outbound access to an IP internet address that falls in the range of  192.229.0.0 thru 192.229.255.255.   Some of that domain range is registered possibly to "EdgeCast Inc."  which I'm assuming is ISP provider for Intuit et al.   Not sure but allowed the software to load the intuit login interface and then ask for the license key.   Hope that is helpful for someone else.

I have TurboTax  Premier 2023 Desktop version and it was working till recently (4/10/2023). There were some updates recently and then it stopped working.   The error manifests with different symptoms (1) Staying in activation loop. i.e the software keeps asking login and password (2)  Turbo Tax says "You are not connected to internet" even though internet in clearly working. 

Have spent hours in trying to find resolution but no luck. This caused me to file for tax returns extension.  Hoping to do efile instead of printing and doing paper filing.  Have tried reinstalling the software. Adding firewall entry as mentioned in this thread. 

In my case the error seems to be certificate on remote server. Hope the issue will be root caused and resolved soon.  Here are the logs from 
C:\Users\username>\AppData\Local\Intuit\Common\Authorization\v4\Logs\IntuitAuthLog.txt  

TurboTax PID(20504) TID(13) 2023.47.23.51 4/18/24 8:37:07:108 PM ERROR Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient "Intuit.Spc.Authorization.NetworkCommunicationException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> Intuit.Spc.Authorization.NetworkCommunicationException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.Internal.Http.LoggingHttpClient.<SendRequestAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.Internal.Http.LoggingHttpClient.<SendRequestAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient.<ActivateInternalAsync>d__46.MoveNext()
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.NetworkCommunicationException.CreateNetworkCommunicationException(Exception exception, HttpRequestMessage httpRequestMessage)
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.Internal.Transactions.HttpTransaction.HandleResponseError(Exception exception, HttpRequestMessage httpRequestMessage)
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient.<ActivateInternalAsync>d__46.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Intuit.Spc.Authorization.AuthorizationClient.<CreateWebSignInRequestAsync>d__50.MoveNext()"

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies