Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2022 Turbotax Form 8915F-T - Cannot e-file

Months of waiting and they can’t get it right!

That is what I was going to say.  Mine was accepted yesterday and I just checked my pdf copy and that line is blank on mine.

They need to fix the glitch in the software asap 

Yeah, not sure why you can't edit forms in web version.  I don't use that myself so can't speak to it.  However, after making the change I mentioned on worksheet and resubmitting, I already got a notice saying it was accepted this time within 1 hour.  So that definitely seems to be the fix if you can find that 8915E Worksheet and change it there.

Thank you to member djhAZ for that input. I followed those steps and the incorrect entry on Line C of form 8915-F was removed. I was able to refile. I also am waiting for results from the IRS.

For those trying to find the steps for this fix:

"Go to Forms, then look for 8915E-T Wks.  That had a Fema disaster number entry 'COVID-19', that I WAS able to delete.  Then once I checked the 8915f-t form, line C was now empty as it should be."

@weirdbaldguy are you using the desktop or online version of TurboTax?

I am using the desktop version. Sorry, I should have specified.

This must be the desktop version and not the online version 

I can’t change anything 

going to have to wait for software update fix 

Can I switch to using the desktop version if this is the fix?  Would like to get my return sooner rather than later...

I just received my confirmation that the IRS has accepted my return after it was previously rejected due to erroneous Form 8915-F Line C entry.

To be clear, I am using the desktop version. Other posts indicate that the online version does not allow for this fix (I have not confirmed).

For those looking for the fix instructions:

"Go to Forms, then look for 8915E-T Wks.  That had a Fema disaster number entry 'COVID-19', that I WAS able to delete.  Then once I checked the 8915f-t form, line C was now empty as it should be."

Thanks again to member djhAZ for discovering and reporting this workaround.

That is so wierd, on my version of the desktop software that entry was blank, and I was able to file without editing anything.  I will say I deleted my previously started return and started fresh AFTER the TurboTax desktop software was updated yesterday.  I wonder if that matters?

I'm using the online version and mine was rejected this morning. When I look at form 8915F-T in my return, item C says N/A and then the box is checked in item D. Apparently N/A is even an issue with the IRS. Did anyone else have the same problem or did yours say N/A and get accepted. Hesitant to hit refile yet....

The fact that at least one says N/A and others say Coronavirus and others don't have any input on line 3 leads me to believe that there is some input question somewhere in the process of the software walking you through the filing process that is resulting in that input being entered.  Mine didn't have anything entered on line 3 and I didn't have to do anything to remove it.  I also don't remember answering anything specific about that form. Maybe depending on what options you answer yes or no to there is some logic that prompts for a question that creates that line 3 entry.  The fact that it's not the same on all forms means it's coming from somewhere.   

Did you start your return before the software update yesterday or after?  Curious, because for now my theory is that it is affecting returns that were started prior to the software being fully updated.

I use the online version of the software and I completed all the entry on my return more than a month ago.  I didn't have to enter any additional information when it was opened up to be able to file.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies