Popethehope1

2021 born baby

I am on social security disability and was told it was not necessary to file a tax return. I had a baby born in January of this year 2021 and was told she would get the full amount of ctc advance payment, however after being ID verified and signed in to IRS portal it didn't allow me to update my daughter's birthday and just says I'm not eligible. What do I do? Am I not eligible? 

2021 born baby

The "add a child" function does not seem to be ready yet.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-payments-in-2021

If you are not able to update your status, you would get the credit when you file a tax return at the end of the year.  Your child must have a social security number, so if you don't have that yet, you need to apply as soon as you can. 

2021 born baby

A1. The IRS will provide on IRS.gov a Child Tax Credit Update Portal (CTC UP) before the first payments begin, which initially will allow you solely to elect not to receive advance Child Tax Credit payments during 2021. More functionality will be added later this year that will allow you to:

1. Update your mailing address;
  2. Update your bank account information;
  3. Add or subtract the number of your qualifying children, including by reason of the birth or adoption of a child;
  4. Report a change in your marital status; and
  5. Report a change in your income.

More details will be provided regarding CTC UP through these questions and answers once the portal is available.

2021 born baby

Robbi1972

2021 born baby

I would like to get free money 

2021 born baby

@Robbi1972 

As stated in the other thread all you can do is wait patiently ... amended returns can take 6 months or more to process this year. 

Popethehope1

2021 born baby

Any new information on the add child option portal?

fanfare

2021 born baby

other than the news on the IRS "NEWS" page, IRS is not going to contact you.