turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2019 Amended Return with TurboTax Deluxe and Schedule D

I found errors in my entries for interest income, and long term capital gains distributions for my 2019 return which I prepared using TurboTax Deluxe.  I started working on the amended return, and I was able to correct the interest income by clicking on the Wages & Income heading.  After making that correction and continuing on the screens that followed, I was NOT taken to the place where I would correct my entries for capital gains distributions.  Instead, it just went on to the Deductions & Credits heading.  How do I make the capital gains corrections?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Capital gain distributions are reported on Form 1099-DIV, in box 2a. Click Wages & Income, then click "I'll choose what I work on." On the screen "Your 2019 Income Summary," scroll down to the "Interest and Dividends" section. Click the Start or Update button for "Dividends on 1099-DIV."

But you mentioned Schedule D. Do you have to correct capital gains from investment sales, not capital gain distributions? If so, scroll down to "Investment Income" (just below "Interest and Dividends"), and click the Start or Update button for "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Capital gain distributions are reported on Form 1099-DIV, in box 2a. Click Wages & Income, then click "I'll choose what I work on." On the screen "Your 2019 Income Summary," scroll down to the "Interest and Dividends" section. Click the Start or Update button for "Dividends on 1099-DIV."

But you mentioned Schedule D. Do you have to correct capital gains from investment sales, not capital gain distributions? If so, scroll down to "Investment Income" (just below "Interest and Dividends"), and click the Start or Update button for "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other."

Excellent!  I just had distributions, and your clear instructions took me to just the right spot.  Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies