Solved: 2018 tax, can I take the new standard deduction and still file Schedules E and C as I have in the past?

CaddyGrn

2018 tax, can I take the new standard deduction and still file Schedules E and C as I have in the past?

In the past I have itemized everything, medical, mortgage, etc. and also have rental property (Schedule E) and a small business (Schedule C).  Can I use the new standard deduction and also file Schedule E and C as I have in the past?

JohnW15

Yes, you can.  Whether you itemize or take the standard deduction has no effect on whether or not you can file Schedules C or E. 

JohnW15

CaddyGrn

Thanks a bunch!  Glad to know!