Solved: 2018 tax, can I take the new standard deduction and still file Schedules E and C as I have in the past?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

2018 tax, can I take the new standard deduction and still file Schedules E and C as I have in the past?

In the past I have itemized everything, medical, mortgage, etc. and also have rental property (Schedule E) and a small business (Schedule C).  Can I use the new standard deduction and also file Schedule E and C as I have in the past?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2018 tax, can I take the new standard deduction and still file Schedules E and C as I have in the past?

Yes, you can.  Whether you itemize or take the standard deduction has no effect on whether or not you can file Schedules C or E. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Yes, you can.  Whether you itemize or take the standard deduction has no effect on whether or not you can file Schedules C or E. 

View solution in original post

Level 3

Thanks a bunch!  Glad to know!
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings