Solved: 1040-ES

1040-ES

What version of Turbo Tax do need to enter a 1040-ES amount paid?

1040-ES

You can enter estimated payments made in the Deluxe, Premier and Self-Employed versions of Turbotax. 

Estimated payments made are reported on Schedule 3 this year.

1040-ES

1040-ES

I made four payments of $500.00 each to in response to the 1040=ES info the IRS sent me.

Where do I enter this for credit in turbo Tax?

1040-ES

How do i access Schedule Three?

1040-ES

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To it.

OR

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Federal on left or at top.  Personal (Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits at top

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated Taxes - click the start button

1040-ES

I have a question,

I have filed myu taxes with  Intuit Turbo Tax today, I dont know why the system has generated $ vouchers for estimate payment for 2020, I dont remember the turbo tax asked for that.

my question !!!!

I have a refund !!! is nothint to pay but the system has generated these 4 payments - estimated payments to make for next year's return?

I have to pay these voucher !!!!

Thank you !!!

1040-ES

No.  You can ignore the 1040ES.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or a large capital gain. They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

If you are receiving a refund or low tax due and TurboTax prepared the vouchers then your tax liability was probably reduced by credits. Your Tax Liability is the amount on 1040 line 12b.  It is the tax you owe on your income.  But you might qualify for credits that can reduce your tax due or even give you a refund.

1040-ES

I believe I read where qrtly estimated pymts for Apr 21 and Jun 15 were pushed back to July 15.  Is that correct?  If so, which of the Form 1040-ES vouchers should I use?  Or, is there another revised 1040-ES form I should be using?  Thanks for your help.

1040-ES

@taxrookie49

The first installment of estimated taxes normally due on April 15, 2020 has been been extended to July 15, 2020. You'll use the first voucher.

The second installment due on June 15, 2020 has not been extended and is still due on June 15, 2020. If you have not yet paid the second installment, you should pay it now. You use the second voucher.