turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for some stupid reason I have to report plasma donation on my taxes. I was compensated under $3,260 in 2016. How much do I "owe" for this income.

Not worth donating if the IRS takes most of it 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I know for some stupid reason I have to report plasma donation on my taxes. I was compensated under $3,260 in 2016. How much do I "owe" for this income.

The IRS never takes 100% of it. And you are doing a good thing,.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact I have sat in that center for 208 hours last year and knowing the irs could take any of that and make me owe has a way of making it something I don't want to do anymore

Basically, if you receive money for doing something, it is taxable.
trowabh

yup didn't know this either, with the united states seems like even the good things do not go unpunished

On the other hand, you are getting roughly $15/hr to sit there.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
trowabh

Don't get why prostitution is illegal then because you are basically selling your body but in a different way ha

Based on your other question, you are in the 15% Federal bracket, so you will be taxed at 15%, plus whatever your state tax rate is.

http://fairmark.com/general-taxation/reference-room/2017-tax-rate-schedules/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies