turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

renner36

I received 2016 Foreign Tax Paid from Vanguard. how do I report this foreign tax paid and foreign income using turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I received 2016 Foreign Tax Paid from Vanguard. how do I report this foreign tax paid and foreign income using turbo tax?

You should have a Form 1099-DIV (or 1099-INT) from Vanguard for foreign income and taxes paid. information on foreign taxes paid is entered in the Interest and Dividends interview under Wages and Income.

On a Form 1099-DIV, the foreign income amounts are included in the Box 1 and 2 amounts. Details on the foreign income amount are usually provided in Supplementary Information. Foreign taxes paid are shown in box 6 of 1099-DIV. 

In the Interest and Dividends interview, you have to check the box "My form has info in more than just these boxes" (see the attached screenshot as an example)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

You should have a Form 1099-DIV (or 1099-INT) from Vanguard for foreign income and taxes paid. information on foreign taxes paid is entered in the Interest and Dividends interview under Wages and Income.

On a Form 1099-DIV, the foreign income amounts are included in the Box 1 and 2 amounts. Details on the foreign income amount are usually provided in Supplementary Information. Foreign taxes paid are shown in box 6 of 1099-DIV. 

In the Interest and Dividends interview, you have to check the box "My form has info in more than just these boxes" (see the attached screenshot as an example)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies