turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can I get EIC this year? I'm head of house hold and my x said he hasn't done tax yet so what did I do wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Why can I get EIC this year? I'm head of house hold and my x said he hasn't done tax yet so what did I do wrong?

You should go back through the Dependent section under Personal Info to edit this dependent and make sure you answered all the questions correctly, especially about how long the child lived with you and whether the child provided more than half their own support.  That's a question a lot of people answer wrong because they think it's asking if you provided more than half the child's support.  It's asking if the DEPENDENT provided more than half their own support.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Do you have wages, or a profit (not just income) from self-employment?

No but refund showed  at the top until I clicked something at federal review. I may have clicked something wrong..The same question won’t come up again even I went back all the way to fix it.
Anita01

You should go back through the Dependent section under Personal Info to edit this dependent and make sure you answered all the questions correctly, especially about how long the child lived with you and whether the child provided more than half their own support.  That's a question a lot of people answer wrong because they think it's asking if you provided more than half the child's support.  It's asking if the DEPENDENT provided more than half their own support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies